Jesus is Better
Jesus is Better
by: Pastor Nate
Christ is supreme. Jesus is better. Early Jewish Christians, however, struggled to believe in Jesus' sufficiency. Some longed to blend in with their society by embracing the old ways. So, in an attempt to show everyone how incredible and final Jesus is, Hebrews was written, teaching us He is better and has a better ministry toward His people than anyone or anything else that ever was or could be.
Click on any of the videos below to catch up on, or watch a teaching again. If you'd like to listen to one of these sermons, they can be found on our Podcast HERE.
Pastor Nate concludes our study in the book of Hebrews with 5 exhortations for why Jesus is worth following.
1. Do Not Be Led Away By Diverse And Strange Teachings (7-10)
2. Go To Jesus Outside The Camp And Bear The Reproach He Endured (11-14)
3. Continually Offer Up A Sacrifice Of Praise To God (15-16)}
4. Obey Your Leaders And Submit To Them (17-19)
5. Ingredients Which Aid The Church (20-25)
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews in chapter 13.
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews where he answers three questions.
1) What good does God's training produce?
2) How do I know God's training works?
3) Why should I receive God's training?
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews in Part 5 of his "Jesus Makes People Of Faith" topic.
1) Faith Accesses Victory From God (11:29-31)
2) Faith Is The Way Forward With God (11:32-40)
3) Faith Enables Endurance For God (12:1-2)
Remember the condition of the people who first received Hebrews. Because of the blood of Christ, they were losing their place of privilege in their society and were beginning to experience mistreatment.
1. Faith Is Fueled By A Greater Love (11:23)
2. Faith Holds Greater Values (11:24-26)
3. Faith Sees Greater Realities (11:27)
4. Faith Clings To Greater Blood (11:28)
Pastor Nate continues our study in the book of Hebrews chapter 11 about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph's acts of faith.
1) Abraham: Faith Obeys God (17-19)
2) Isaac: Faith Submits To God (20)
3) Jacob: Faith Worships God Only (21)
4) Joseph: Faith Believes In A Better Future With God (22)
1) Faith goes on adventures with God.
2) Faith receives power for the impossible from God.
3) Faith looks forward to the better city of God.
Today: A look at faith and how it works, followed by Abel, Enoch, and Noah's faith.
6 Things about faith.
1) Faith unlocks assurance by trusting God and His promises. (11:1)
2) Faith leads to a specific action (11:2)
3) Faith Is Confident In God's Word (11:3)
4) Faith Is The Way To God (11:4)
5) Faith Pursues God (11:5-6)
6) Faith Works For God (11:7)
When in an endurance race, there are ample opportunities to quit.
Various opportunities: injuries, irritations, fatigue (training), energy (nutrition), dehydration, or discouragement.
Today: Jesus is worthy of our confident endurance - 6 helps for our endurance.
1) Commune with God
2) Stir up and meet with one another
3) Hold tight to your gospel confession
4) Expect suffering for Christ
5) Look forward to the great, promised reward
6) Learn to live by faith
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews in our "Jesus is Better" series.
1) Activates the promised eternal inheritance (9:15-17)
2) Provides purifying forgiveness (9:19-22)
3) Anticipates his next appearance (9:23-28)
4) Was according to His Father's will (10:1-19)
5) Takes away our sin (10:10-12)
6) Ends all conflict (10:13)
7) Inaugurated the New Covenant (10:14-18)
God made us to enjoy and partake of him, but our sin separated us, so he sent Jesus to draw us back to himself. His desire is to produce freedom for us before God.
1. To Have God At The Center.
2. To Bear God's Light For Others.
3. To Receive God's Sustenance For Ourselves.
4. To Pray To God.
5. To Partake Of God's Grace And Mercy.
Pastor Nate Holdridge continues our study through the book of Hebrews in chapter 8.
1. Because It's New (7-8)
2. Because It's Grace-Based (9)
3. Because It's Inward And Dynamic (10)
4. Because It Calls Us Into A Personal Relationship With God (11)
5. Because It Leads To Total Forgiveness (12)
Jesus is a better priest (guide, friend, worship leader, therapist, counselor, financial planner, advisor, coach, teacher, helper, intercessor, or pastor) than any other.
1. Jesus Is A King-Priest (1-3)
2. He Is Worth Giving To (4-10)
3. He Changed Our Relationship With The Law (11-14)
4. He Generates Inward Hope And Upward Access (15-19)
5. He Saves To The Uttermost Through Intercession (20-25)
6. He Is Perfect Forever (26-28)
Believers should hold fast to God's promise regarding their future, and that hope regarding tomorrow should anchor their lives today.
1. God Made A Promise (13-14)
2. God's Promise Is Worth Waiting For (15)
3. God's Promise Is Guaranteed (16-17)
4. We Should Hold Fast To God's Promise (18)
5. God's Promise Should Anchor Our Lives Today (19-20)
Pastor Nate continues our study in the book of Hebrews chapter 6.
1) Pursue Christian Maturity (1-3)
2) Receive The Gospel Well (4-8)
3) Know God Sees Your Work, Love, And Service (9-10)
4) Be Diligent To The End (11-12)
Pastor Nate continues our study in the book of Hebrews, finishing off chapter 5.
Link to Pastor Nate's Sermon Notes
Pastor Nate continues our study in the book of Hebrews finishing off chapter 4.
Link to Pastor Nate's Sermon Notes
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews in chapter 4.
Pastor Nate continues our study through the book of Hebrews in our study about how "Jesus is Better".
Humanity has a magnificent calling, but has yielded it over to death through sin, so Jesus became one of us to lift us up back to our rightful place with God.
Pastor Nate continues our study in the book of Hebrews.
Pastor Nate begins our new study in the book of Hebrews with the theme of "Jesus Is Better".