Why Life Groups?
So many of us do not have the support of relationships so common a generation ago. The Christian life is not a solo act! It is meant to be lived in community. Society today is increasingly fragmented and relationships transitory and unhealthy. We need and crave the support of like-minded people, especially those who share our faith. Where do we find healthy friendships these days with people like ourselves?
Life Groups is our answer. Life Groups are small groups that meet in homes throughout our cities, every other season. They provide the opportunity to grow in meaningful relationships, get more out of Scripture through discussing the Sunday text and teaching, and support each other in prayer as we seek to join in God’s mission.
you should join one!
How Do Life Groups Work?
Beginning in September
• Life Groups are small groups that meet to discuss the sermon and Scripture from Sunday, and spend time praying and fellowshipping together.
• Life Groups are for those who call Calvary their church home and regularly attend.
• Discussion questions based on the sermon and Scripture from Sunday are emailed out to all group members at the beginning of each week. Members are encouraged to think through the questions beforehand in order to come prepared for discussion.
• Groups meet weekly for a total of 12 weeks.
• Groups are led and hosted by people selected and trained by our Calvary pastors.
• Groups meet on various days at different times and locations, mostly in homes across Monterey county.
• There are varieties of groups to choose from composed of couples, singles, all men or all women, or a mix of couples and singles
• They generally contain 8-12 people for a singles group and 12-16 for a couples or mixed group.